Friday, August 31, 2007

Heroes At Vivocity

I went down to Vivocity this afternoon to catch the cast, or rather only 4 members of the cast, namely Ali Larter who plays the role of Niki/ Jessica Sanders, Greg Grunberg who plays Matt Parkman, Sendhil Ramamurthy who plays Mohinder Suresh and my favourite cute, bubbly, endearing Masi Oka who plays Hero Nakamura, oops, I mean Hiro Nakamura.

Look at the red carpet treatment on my left and right and the number of people waiting to receive them!!!









I took a video of them walking down the red carpet, admist all the hunky (NOT), lovely (NOT), handsome (NOT), irritating (YES), pushy (YES), rude (YES) bodyguards surrounding them.


I know I'm mean by describing these people as above and I know that they have to do their jobs to protect the celebs. However, they are already huge, tall, bulky. It's damn hard for us fans who are slightly tinier in size to take a picture of our favourite artistes. And it doesn't help that these guys surround them as though these artistes cannot be exposed to air. Thus, fans swarm... These men ask us to move back, we swarm, because we can't see shit! Then these guys use force and start pushing.

Wouldn't things be easier if the red carpet is barricaded both with metal and human? I know it would cost the organisers lots more, but with these barricades, the artists would have a little more time to mingle with the crowd and because of the swarming fans who want to so desperately get a good picture, pushing the artistes to move along as fast as possible to avoid the swarms would actually cause more swarms. Think MTV Asia Awards and their red carpet, organisers...

12 comments:

Jayden said...

I was there too! and ya.. the red carpet sucks..

Jas aka paced said...

Jayden, did you see how "vicious" the bodyguard were at pushing the fans? lol...

Anonymous said...

OMG!! I was there too! And from your picture, I was standing like a few people in front of you?? I was standing in front of 2 Malay guys and 1 Malay girl.

Anonymous said...

i was there too! and i went there at 1:45, end up those guys with yellow wristband got in

blehhhh...
anyway, i posed with Marion Caunter :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my god. That's like a moshpit in there. Ali's reaction is so funny though.

Jas aka paced said...

Yah, the crowd was crazy!!! Lol...

I don't know if Ali was laughing at Masi's reaction to the crowd or at the crowd...

purpleeflorenscene said...

i was there too!! :)) i was the girl who did the YATTA! on stage, and won! :)

yeah i agree, even near the stage the security guards were pushy!

jannah

Anonymous said...

A pity Masi Oka didn't do Hiro's "YATTA!" routine.

Anonymous said...

I think it's the organizer's error that they expected screaming fans to behave themselves at an event like that.

After all, without the fans, there stars are nothing rite?

So no matter how unruly the fans can get, they should just let the stars handle the fans on their own, and get rid of the bodyguards.

They really shouldn't have expected the fans to behave civilly. tsk

Anonymous said...

Actually I believe most of us try to be civil, but sometimes when we get excited we lost control LOL.

Anyway I agree it was VERY BAD planning on the organiser's part. Of cos when their big burly bodies are blocking us, natural reaction is to try to catch a glimpse. Barricades would be good, dumb them. They really really need to learn from other successful red carpet walks.

On their way out, I was caught among the frenzy at the wrong place, and this bodyguard shoved me so hard I hit against the railing near an escalator and almost lost my balance and fell over.

They really need to learn they are just bodyguards. Most of them are damn yaya.

Ali Larter probably was amused at the way the bodyguards shouted at the fans. On her way out, she looked really freaked, but I think not by the fans but by the guards pulling them along.

chartao said...

i was there too... just in front of the stage, VIP area! it was a very long red carpet.. i'm sure the bodyguards are huge, so huge that they blocked my view of who is walking down the red carpet until they make their way onto the stage.

anyway, i'm delighted that i manage to see ali larter and masi oka despite the event being so short!

YATTA!

KeV's wAlKAbOuT said...

btw, heroes is great! I love it! m waiting patiently (argh....faster faster...) for season 2 to be release in 3 weeks time!