Thursday, August 16, 2007

Noisy Wake, Yet...

Warning/Disclaimer: Read the entire post carefully before deciding to flame me or not...

The freaking loud chanting and prayers at the wake held in the void deck of the block opposite my flat went on for about an hour and had just stopped. I believe they are praying for someone of Soka belief because I could recognise the "nam myoho renge kyo". The chantings were loud because I could hear them from my 8th floor flat. Ok lah, I admit I wasn't staying that far away lah.

But, I was really touched... Really really touched by the chanting and praying and the blessing these kind people were offering to the deceased. They went on and on for about an hour and sat in a position which I know could be quite tiring. My sis said they had did it yesterday too.

I hope their chanting could go on and on and as loud as possible, even louder than the "volume" I've heard. As they were chanting, I could hear the sincerity in their voices. I hope their God will be able to hear their blessings and prayers and bless them too. These are kind and nice people and I hope their good karma will be repaid...

I feel so touched that I really feel like crying now...

No comments: