Saturday, August 04, 2007

Soccer Pre-Season Rantings...

$10 increase to my cable tv subscription in exchange for 3 more channels. Worth it? Well, subscribing to MUTV online cost 40 pounds per annum, about $10 per month. Judging by this equation, it's definately worth it. Although this is not the first time the pricing of the sports package has increased, I need my "live" soccer matches. A bit relunctant about the $10 increase monthly, but it sounds good enough for me. Especially so when the 3 channels are "activated" already!!!
When I got home just now, I was talking to my dad about the "extra" channels; if they are self-activated or if we would need to call up to activate them. A few hours later, I was checking cable tv program listings and schedules online and was browsing through channel 107, Goal TV 1. I saw "Pre-season MU Match (Doncaster vs United) 3/8/2007 (Live) 02:00 AM - 05:00 AM". The time then was 2.25am already. I quickly jumped out of my chair, ran to the living room and switch on the TV to try if I'm able to view the channel. Right now, I'm happily watching...

I'm still sadden by the news of Rossi moving over to Villarreal. If only the transfer was held back just a little while... Because, news has just been confirmed that Smith is moving over to Newcastle. If it was held back just that little while, maybe Rossi did not have to go... I want Rossi!!!
So in place of my dear Rossi, comes Tevez. About half a day back, Tevez has already undergone medical according to the news at goal.com. Tevez is a really good player, and I'm sure if he can fit into Man Utd's squad and playing style, he would definately knock Saha further down the pecking order. But I still want my Rossi...

My darling Chris Eagles started against the friendly against Inter Milan!!! Yipee!!! Eagles started against Inter Milan!!! Inter Milan leh!!! K, it might just be a friendly, but anyhow, it's still Inter Milan!!! Did anyone listened at all when I said he is a promising talented youngster?! Nothing can really express my joy...
Another reason I'm so happy is that Man Utd lost to Inter, and the main culprit for the loss according to reports was Evra! Haha!!! That means my Heinze has chance to grab back his 1st-team position? Hehe... I'm gloating at the though of it! Hands off! My "baked beans" not for sale!!! Sigh, but there is still speculation that Heinze might move to Juventus after all... I hope not...

Rhaine Davis, the 9-year-old prodigy has signed with Man Utd's academy. Back in mid-July, Man Utd has already offered this little boy to come for trials and now has decided to sign him. This little boy has an English passport and moved over to Australia a few years back. According to reports circulating on the Internet now and which version you may choose to believe in, the actual fact was that his English grandfather received a DVD from the boy's parents and submitted a copy to Man Utd. This DVD is somewhat like a "update" on how the family is doing in Australia and the grandfather, amazed at his grandson's soccer skills, decided to submit a copy in to Man Utd.

No comments: