Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Transport Fares To Go Up Again!?

Eh hello, every year, these transport companies make freaking huge profits and they still want some more!!! Kaoz! I think in due time, a trip from Boon Lay to Pasir Ris or Changi Airport on the MRT would cost as much as a plate of chicken rice. Sigh... Even canteen food is cheaper than transportation...
I know it can't be helped since oil is getting more expensive and petrol and diesel comes from oil. Hmm, I thought we have some buses and taxis running on CNG (natural gas) and they should be "cheaper" and "cleaner" for the environment?!

I heard from the 10pm news on MediaCorp Channel 8 that submissions are in to PTC for fare increases. According to Channel News Asia, one transport company said that they are "investing more in repair maintenance as well as replacing old buses with new ones to lower the average age of its fleet." Furthermore, drivers are also being sent for refresher courses. PTC's stringent standards were also thought to be partially the cause.
So I guess passing on the cost to the consumers means you are not contented with the freaking huge profits earned? Sigh, I really don't know...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a shameless plug. But share with you this song if you haven't already heard it.

Jas aka paced said...

lol! suka suka qi!!!