Monday, August 27, 2001

After (softball camp) aka I'm back!!!

Just came back from the softball camp ystday. Had lotsa fun and laughs.

On the first day, we could not get in touch with our teacher-in-charge, so while waiting for him, we slacked out at the clubhse. Too little pple to start playing games anyway. After training and dinner, it was slacking out time again. Some played Counter Strike (CS), some played card games, some chit chat and some gathered in the girls’ room to listen retro songs. Danced a bit too cos damn gian… Too long din go “cheong” already. Went over to the guys’ bunk to watch a bit of Shaolin Soccer. It was a show of “brainless” laughter, just like Goodness Gracious Me. MC, guys’ team coach gathered everyone later for a softball lecture. At abt 3+, 4, some started to fall asleep. Min, Qi, Kevin, Darren (aka T-Rex) and I, and can’t remember who else gathered in the girl’s room to “jiang gui gu shi”. After listening to a few, cannot take it, too tired, lied down into my comfy sleeping bag, zzz…

Next morning was kinda relaxed. Ate breakfast, chit chat, again some played CS. Zhou and (I think it was) Alvin went to collect lunch and bought bubble tea. After lunch, we changed and packed up to leave for Teck Whye Sec Sch for a friendly. Think we played quite well. Only kinda caved in during the 2nd and 3rd innings, letting a few runs in. During the 2nd game, the gals got to bat. It was a good experience for the newbies cos they tried out what was it like to be in a softball game. After the match, went back to NP. On the way, bought drinks and snacks from the Shell station nearby. Got a free packet a instant cereal, there were 5 inside. As usual, after dinner was a relaxing, slacking out time. There was CS session AGAIN. Guess the guys are so into the game considering there were ONLY 2 laptops connected. Yes, I repeat, 2… Somehow I think a LAN game is more enjoyable if its played in a bigger group. MC tried it out too. Guess there were enough pple that nite, so we played a few ice-breaker n team building games. A discussion session followed. After that, some listened to MC on techniques, some played card games, some fell asleep. Tried to sabo Zhou with toothpaste, but he woke up in time…

On the last day, I was asleep when MC went around with toothpaste. Dunno who he sabo. Just hoped that someone has recorded it down. I haven check the tape. Maybe I’ll watch it tomorrow cos I kinda need to rush through my project. Menus are only ¼ done. Have yet to edit my showreel and animate some of the menus too. Luckily I only got 1 moving menu and bridge menus to handle. Just hope that I can get Adobe Premiere and After Effects soon. Most left cos they had CCT test. The rest of us took lunch. After lunch, they went to the library to watch a tape on baseball while I went home to change, bath and unpack. We met up a bit later to go down to Kallang to watch MC’s team, Hunters, play against Safsa A for the 1st/ 2nd placing in baseball. Think the softball games will start next weekend.

Reached home, tired, watched a bit of soccer, slept at 2+… Woke up only today at ard 1+… Slacked a bit before starting on my Photoshop stuff. Watched Man Utd play Aston Villa. Damn si bei heng to get away with a draw cos there was an own goal in the 2nd min of injury time during the 2nd half. Dunno wht the defence doing nowadays. Somehow got lobang for opposing strikers to attack. Now Man Utd has sold Stam to Lazio. Starting to wonder if Fergie is ruining his own chances of retiring as Man Utd’s manager gloriously this seaon. Sian…

Feeling damn lousy too. Down with sore throat and slight cough. Found out that my lower left wisdom tooth is starting to grow while I was brushing my teeth on the first night of camp. Can see the tip of the tooth already. Hope it will not give me any problems cos I’ve heard too many “horror” stories abt wisdom teeth already.

Have to find time to call Ping, haven been toking to her for a long time liao. Same goes for my jie meis, the last time we went out was the weekend before Yue’s birthday. Sigh… I need more time!!! No time for crapping today cos I’ve got to carry on with my project. Ciao…

No comments: