Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Morning Or Afternoon Classes?

Morning...
Pros:
- I have the entire afternoon and night to do things, go for my routine checkups, shop or even run errands, approximately about more than 8 hours worth.
Cons:
- I get sleepy around 3pm and then at 8pm. Desperately trying to stay awake till 11pm so as not to waste the "waking" hours. So, I end up with concentration laspes and "stoning" periods. However, when the clock reads 11pm, I'm blardi wide freakingly awake and can only get to sleep almost at 1am or even later. Thus, I end up going to class with not enough sleep.
- In a nice way of saying things, I'm a night owl; the ugly way, I'm a blardi zombie. I have better concentrate power at night.
- I love the serenity and coolness of the night, which I would spend most sleeping it away.
- I love sleeping at 2 or 3 in the morning and waking up at 9 or 10. The stillness of the night makes it more conducive to fall asleep even though I'm not tired. At 9 or 10 in the morning, the morning buzz of "noise from the environment" (like electronic buzz, tvs, radios, poeple talking, vehicles, etc...) becomes a natural alarm clock.

Afternoon:
Pros:
- To put it nicely, I'm a night owl; the ugly way, I'm a blardi zombie. I concentrate better at night. Thus I can study or do some readings effectively before going to bed.
- I love the serenity and coolness of the night, very conducive for studying, especially for exams.
- I love sleeping at 2 or 3 in the morning and waking up at 9 or 10. The stillness of the night makes it more conducive to fall asleep even though I'm not tired. At 9 or 10 in the morning, the morning buzz of "noise from the environment" (like electronic buzz, tvs, radios, poeple talking, vehicles, etc...) becomes a natural alarm clock. And I need not worry about being late for class.
- I have a more "stable" biological clock and need to even try to stay awake at all. My waking hours are more "effectively" used, without any "blank out" periods of time.
Cons:
- If I try to get up earlier to run errands or do stuff, I can't get up.
- After class, banks would be closed, my oncologists will be off work, the bus and mrt would look like tins of sardines and taxis would charge an additional $2-$4 depending on timing and place of boarding; pratically just slightly less from "chaotic". As how my colleagues would put it in reference to a similar situation we face during weekends, "不懂从那一个动物园出来的 (literally: don't know come out from which zoo)".
- Practically, a day is almost wasted other than going for class.

Which is better? Don't ask me. I'm still trying to figure it out.

No comments: