Monday, June 06, 2005

Fever...

Y am i here at this hour... let's track backwards a few days to last thurs...

It was my first radiotherapy session. Lying on my back on a cold hard surface, neck propped up by a support, head tilted back, chin up, blood rush... did this twice, one for x-ray, one for the actual "shooting". on average, about 40 mins for each. everytime i got up, i was blur, slow, dizzy, groggy n feeling damn irritated... mayb i went it with a very full stomach... the "effects" lasted the whole day, decided to sleep early at 10, only to wake up an hour later, feeling feverish. took a tablet n called my dear for a little re-assurance that nothing serious is happening, since my oncologist had already mentioned that fever, cold n flus will b common to me...

Woke up feeling all-righto! dun feel feverish or anything at all. 2nd session... told myself not to eat too full but at the same time have to eat a little, if not stomach will be growling for help. lied down in the same position... but whn i got up 25 mins later, the "effects" were not as bad as the day b4. mayb i got used to it, or mayb it was shorter time spent or mayb it was a light breakfast, instead of a heavy one.
When i reached my doorstep, i was feeling damn hungry, almost to the extent of gastric n puking acid outta me... thn as i settle down to eat, my knee killed me, it was aching a bit on the way back from the hospital... i had injured my legs b4, thus whn weather chilly or my legs dun like the humidity, they hurt. got some deep heat to spray on my knee n while waiting for the "heat", i lost my appetite. whn i started to force myself to eat, i feel funny... the fever's back! force myself to eat a little n thn a tablet, sleep. woke up n took another tablet, fever's still here... the gals came over a while later. we had dinner n played a few rounds of cluedo. they went back at around 12. dear stay overnite to keep me company. still feverish...

Saturday... woke up slightly after 1. did not help tt the fact my sleep was interrupted every 4 hours for my one tablet... seem ok already. temp went down. yay! no more medicine! but... fever came back again at nite. sigh... so i was on my one tablet again. dear came over to take care of me again. every 4 hours, 1 tablet....

Woke up feeling ok already. took 1 more tablet to "round things up". the whole afternoon no prob, temp hovering at the avg of 37.3... then, at 6, i was starting to feel a little funny, yet again. Damn fed up with the fever already, whn i think its almost gone, its back. never once i had fever for so long! my temp indeed went up to 37.7. took dinner, took 2 tablets n zzz. 5 hours later at 12, i woke up, took my temp, 36.9. hmm, fever's gone, great! so i took another 2 tablets at 1 to "round things up". but i can't get back to zzz...
one more hour to 6 hours, the timing for the "tableting", my temp is at the perfecto 36.9! Yay, no more fever!!!

No comments: