Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Happy 7th Birthday, My Dear Blog!

7 long years of blogging... I guess I might be even have been blogging longer than a whole lot of Singaporean bloggers and even some prominent and "famous" bloggers.

Compared to them, what have I achieved? Nothing... Zilch... No advertising payments (my ads as you see on my blog have only earned me less than USD$8 since I put it on 12 months ago) nor paid for endorsements and reviews nor even a manager.
But yet I still blog...
I only get like an average of 20 hits a day. Mind you, its 2-0, TWO digits, not like others who have a 5-digits hits daily.
But yet I still blog...

Since I have nothing, why do I still carrying on blogging in this boring blog?

To me, I blog because I want to and I love to. Its like an online diary. Some of you may say that diaries are not meant to be publicly read, but to me, my most inner thoughts are often kept up in my heart and not on this online "article/ document."

In the past, I used my blog mainly to vent out my fustrations, whines and grumbles. I did nothing else. As friends started to know I have a blog, I started to type about what's going on in my life to update them in a way.
When cancer came into my life, I still updated as much as I can to let my friends know how I was coping with treatment and all. Then I felt that there was something more then just talking about my daily life. I felt that I should use my blog to reach out to other cancer patients, survivors and their care-givers.

And thus, I moved my blog from a lesser known platform, diaryland, to blogspot. I also joined some blog "directories" to get my blog out there for people to reach. All I want is to share my experience and be there for other cancer patients, survivors and their care-givers out there. I just want people to know that there's this cancer survivor who has this blog and it is opened 24/7 for other cancer patients, survivors and their care-givers to contact.

I do not need fame and fortune from this. I do not crave for it nor do I look for it. I just want to be there for other cancer patients, survivors and their care-givers. If fame and fortune comes along, it is not a must, it is only a bonus.

I'm just a gal who has a blog, and because of that, I'm a blogger. But I'm not a full-time/part-time/famous/etc blogger. I'm just a plain old blogger who is a gal that has a blog and she blog because she simply love to and want to.

Happy 7th Birthday!

8 comments:

chillycraps said...

happy birthday!!

Jas aka paced said...

Thanks!

krisandro said...

It's just an avenue for your thoughts. No need to have high traffic. Amazing for you to survive 7 yrs of blogging IMHO.

Happy Birthday paced@blogspot!

Jas aka paced said...

kris, y do u think it is amazing? hehe...
I guess because I love and enjoy doing it. And right now, after being so close to the brink of death, I found one more love and enjoyment: in helping other cancer patients, survivors and their care-givers. Hehe...

Anonymous said...

Woo! Happy Bday!

Jas aka paced said...

Thanks arzhou!

krisandro said...

Of course it is amazing! I dont know anybody else who has blogged for 7 years!

Jas aka paced said...

kris, icic... Hehe...