Monday, September 03, 2007

I've Grown Up

Maybe having cancer has indeed changed me...

Some might know from this entry that I've been labelling all 480+ of my past entries. Finally completed doing so by viewing and reading each and everyone of them. It was easier during this blog's 6th anniversary entry because I knew which entries I had wanted to pick out.

I've realised I've grown up and my writing style has changed quite a bit. In the past, my entries are filled with mindless rants and whines, without any constructive opinions. Now, though they are still filled with mindless rants and whines, they are slightly less mindless after all.

In the past, the entries were really "my dear diary" style, yesterday morning what I did, tonite what I did, tomorrow afternoon what I did, etc... Whenever I wanted to blog about my feelings and serious thoughts, I tend to be superficial in doing so. Now, I not only keep to "my dear diary" style of my life, though not daily in an "organiser/ calender-timed" style, I managed to express better about my feelings and serious thoughts.

In the past, the entries were rarely on issues on-going around me, in Singapore, in the world. The entries were filled with mindless self-centered whines about me and only me. Now, I actually talk about world peace "issues" I feel that are worth my 2 cents worth.

Maybe my 2nd chance at life made me realized that actually one could do much more than just work and study. And maybe I've realized the power of how "public" a blog can get, in the world of the Internet.

At the end of the day, I don't want to be famous, I just want people to be able to reach me and I'll be there should they need advice on cancer. Experience is the best teacher. I want to help in ways I can. Since I have no monetary means now, I can only help by dishing out advice, giving mental, moral and emotional support for other patients. Maybe that's why God gave me a 2nd chance and I know He'll support me in doing so...

1 comment:

Nicholas Aaron Khoo said...

Hey .. this post is introspective and yes, you do have a story to tell and strength that others can tap on :)