Monday, July 30, 2007

Footballers Say The Darnest Things

For the longest time possible as I can remember, The New Paper is my daily read. There are so many interesting articles I had came across but this article on the Sports section on TNP on Sunday that made me feel like I should blog this down.

I love to watch soccer and in "Footballers Say The Darnest Things", many of the soccer players featured are those that I recognise and the one that got the most space and attention was David Beckham, my favorite player of all time. Well, I can go on and on about how much I lurve Becks aka Golden Balls, and try to defend him in this article; but there are others that are really LOL...

"The important thing was we got the three points" ~ Wayne Bridge on Chelsea's Carling Cup final win over Arsenal.
Eh, hello! Carling Cup is not a league, what 3 points are you talking about? Moreover, it was a win in the final... You have gotten the Cup!

"When you're 4-0 up, you should never lose 7-1" ~ Laurie McMenemy's logic
Where did the 3 goals went to?

"I couldn't settle in Italy - it was like living in a foreign country" ~ Ian Rush on why he failed at Juventus.
Of course its a foreign country! You are not Italian mah...

"I would not be bothered if we lost every game, as long as we won the league. " ~ Mark Viduka
Well, you can... If the league only has one team... But I still don't understand how you can lose...

No comments: