Tuesday, March 20, 2007

ZzzZ...

I slept at abt 9.30pm on Sunday nite... Woke up to my alarm this morning at 9am, supposing to spend some time going through my text, underlining important points on the chapters I've not gone through, which I did not. I went back to sleep and only woke up around 10.15am when Dear sms-ed me. Went to the bathroom, and hung my towel on the hook, getting ready to bath, when Dear sms-ed me back. I lay in bed, replied Dear, and WENT BACK TO SLEEP, only waking up a few minutes later to reply Dear, and going back to sleep. I finally woke up at 11.15am and prepared to go to school. No time to go through my text... So, I did a little in school during tutorial and now I'm doing it. I have to try to finish it by 4am, haha, Man Utd's match later, and then start on my essay and compiling notes already.

Essay's bit tough, because I have to do a little kinda speculation. It's on Future China-Taiwan Relations. Not easy, given I'm not Chinese or Taiwanese, nor do I follow the news that closely. Doing research on this topic will hopefully enhance my Chinese, if not, I'd need much help form the dictionaries. Don't know if it's good news or bad news that I'm doing this topic...

There's this shop in Central, the new shopping mall at Clarke Quay that I really like and it's called Girl's Talk. I've already bought 2 bday pressies for my friends there. However, it really piss me off when they don't have a box or proper gift box you can buy. At least Perlini's does a better job in providing a "gift-wrapping" kinda service. It's also not damn cheap as the goods are imported from Japan or Korea, given that you can find similar designs at pasar malams going for less then half the price, even at a quarter of the price. I understand the price range because these goods take an airplane to come here, there's only a few pieces brought in per design, they openly declare most of the bling bling on the accessories are not crystals but synthetic diamonds, and typically Jap stuff are more expensive because of the quality. However, at least provide a decent box, or if not, let us buy the gift boxes if you don't want to give it for free. Moreover, given that these are Japanese or Korean stuff, it's known that they don't scrimp on packaging, so how can you say no gift box?! Grr... I start to contemplate if I should continue buying stuff from them... But I'm a sucker for anything Jap and the accessories are damn nice... sigh...

No comments: