Sunday, April 07, 2002

Gracious society?!?!

First entry of April...

Bought Tis by Frank McCourt today. Its the sequel to Angela Ashes. I'm now at the last chapter of Angela Ashes. After the death of his twin brothers and a sister, he has a brother whn he's 10. When Frank is 11, his father's off to England to earn some money, and his mother is sick wif peumonia. His father sents back money once, and never again... Spending thm on drinks. Last few pages...

Never read my diary for so long liao, thn Chris came to read the other day.. Hehe... Dun worry, ntg bad abt u in here... Hehe...

Man U's losing grip of the league title... Assernal has a game in hand n leading.. Sian... Sibei sian... Never mind, just treat it as a blessing in disguise... We'll win the Champions League!!! Yay!!! Toopis Liverpool and Bayern Munich better lose the 2nd leg... So Man U has a better chance of pairing up the lousier teams and winning thm and in the end, win the Champions League. Not that we are no match up for Pool, jus tt tis season, we keep losing to pool dunno y...

I jus found out tt Singapore has too many inconsiderate pple and thus I thk we are far frm a gracious society. There was the "keep left on escalator" trial at Raffles Place MRT Station quite some time ago. Keeping left is to empty the right side for those who are rushing for time. It's a form of social etiquette only till now Singaporeans realise!!! Or rather I dun thk they do! Cos to them, its jus following a rule! During the trial, all was well. After the trial, pple jus dun care! I now develop a bad habit to say excuse me n squeeze in between the 2 pple, taking GREAT CARE to slighty nudge the one on the right. It takes 2 hands to clap... i wana be nice to say excuse me, u glare at me... Hello... U mean when there's a trial or rule, pple will obey and follow? I'm waiting for the day the trial will come back, to all the MRT Stations. But once the trial is over, it'll back to where we are now... But if it really suceeds, will pple carry tis over to escalators in shopping centres and other places? Or will they adopt a tis-is-not-a-MRT-station-so-i-dun-care attitude? Haizzzzz, gracious society, I dun thk so...

Enough of rantings...

Off I go to dreamland...

No comments: