Friday, February 20, 2009

American Idol Top 36 Round 1

This year's American Idol has a new format of choosing contestants into the final Top 12. I kinda feel that its a do or fail, and its only one chance kinda "system" right now.

What happens is that instead of a Top 24, this year's AI has a Top 36 instead. And these 36 will be split into 3 groups of 12. The top gal and top guy and the person with the next highest amount of votes of each group will get a place in the final Top 12.
Sing once, into Top 12 or not, unless once gets called back via wildcard later. No more "escaping" elimination by having a scrappy perfomance one week and then get a second chance to buck up the next.

Since the first auditions, I've been supporting quite a few contestants whom I think are my kind of American Idols. 2 of them were in round 1, Alexis and Danny.
When Alexis finished her song, I was thinking to myself, can she sing another one? I wana listen to her more!
When it was Danny's turn, my hair stood and I had goosebumps all over, then I could feel tears swell up in my eyes. It was so damn blardi touching lah!
And after the results show earlier on, I was so happy that both of them got through!

What even made me happier was seeing 2 of the many contestants whom I was rooting for last year (it was a crazy season and I was rooting for David Cook, Brooke, Syesha, Ramiele and Amanda as well) Carly Smithson and Michael Johns, come onto the show and perform. And Michael announced that his album will be releasing soon!

No comments: