Saturday, September 17, 2005

The problem with Kytril & Motilium...

a very long entry which starts its story from last Thursday...

Thursday: white blood count low as usual. given booster as usual.

Friday: chemo as usual. my 12 course "meal"...

Saturday: feeling a bit tired as usual...

Sunday: i woke up at 5pm n missed a dosage of Kytril & Motilium. Didn't feel too good already. somehow or rather, something not rite, tot was because i slept too long. Then i took my medication as usual n started on my dinner. not much appetite. then HELL BEGINS.... i started to vomit. even after later when i took water, i threw up... so i went to lie n rest in bed n slept.

Monday: woke up at 12 noon. still dun feel quite good. no appetite still but still took my medication n managed to eat a bit. only to have HELL CONTINUING... i threw up again. took water also throw. every time i try to ingest, i throw. think it was abt a total of 4 times then i got my mum to call the clinic to see if doc ard. wanted to ask if it was because i miss that dosage of Kytril. instead i was asked to go down asap. my mum called a cab n we went down.
on the way down from my house, in the lift, on the cab, along the way, reached Mount E medical centre, to the clinic's door, i threw up a total of 3 times, even though i had NOTHING in my stomach! i think i ended up throwing up my gastric juices n loads of air... dun ask me how i threw up air, i just did, it was something like burping, only that it had more "depth" n "power" n it came up the body fast.
i was given an injection for stopping vomitting immediately. then i was given some milo to warm n soothe my churning stomach n took a dosage of Kytril. reached home only to throw again. took only some porridge water for dinner. i just cant eat cos whenever i open my mouth, i feel like throwing. doc told me to take another dosage of Kytril at bedtime. so i went to rest n lie in bed n took my Kytril quite early.

Tuesday: Had to sit while bathing cos i really had no energy to stand after throwing for 2 days. After i bathed, i threw up air again. then HELL CONTINUES STILL! i had a tummyache n needed to shit. since i have no energy, i couldnt squat n shit. i had to use the toilet in my parents room. my mum had to hold on to me while we walked from toilet to toilet.
before i could even reach the door of my parents room, i started seeing white patches. i had a gut feeling i was almost blanking out. true enough, even before i could step into the toilet, i felt faint n lost strength in my legs. my mum had to pull me up to the bed to lie down. there i was, heart beating fast, breathing fast, breaking out in cold sweat. once i could see clearly again, i proceeded to the toilet to shit.
but before i could totally empty my bowels, i begin to feel light headed again. i immediately cleaned myself n screamed for my mum. time was a huge factor here. so no time was wasted wearing back my underwear n shorts, instead a towel was used to wrap myself up. true enough, before i could lie on the bed, i was already seeing white patches again.
since i had no appetite n had no strength to chew or eat, i spent a whole great afternoon lying there. my mum comes in every one n a half hour or 2 hours to feed me meal replacement drinks or water thru a straw n i would try as hard as i could to dilligently sip the contents into my stomach. it was liquid diet the whole day, even dinner. by evening, i had the little strength to move out to sit in the hall instead.
i tot my throwing had completly stopped, but i was wrong. in a bid to get rid of the thick mucus that refuses to come out thru the proper channel which is the nose, i have no choice but to sniff it in n spit it out through the mouth. in that making-myself-a-little-better act, i choked a little, coughed a little n vomitted out my watermelon juice... had to keep ensuring my shocked mum that it was nothing. but i did not take any Stemetil the whole day cos i really dun have the energy to swallow anything.

Wednesday: woke up early n had breakfast which consisted a small cup of the meal replacement drink n my childhood fave, bread spreaded with condensed sweetened milk. but all i could managed was a quarter of the bread slice but i finished my drink. of cos, i had my Stemetil first as usual. maybe i had not much energy left in me, so usually one Stemetil would not put me to sleep, this time it did.
woke up at lunchtime. mum made a quick meal of beehoon soup with veggies. i finished half a bowl. again, Stemetil put me to sleep real soon. but after this 2nd nap, i woke up feeling great as i normally would. full of energy, not needing anyone to pour water for me, not needing anyone to help me to the toilet, sitting up straight n watching tv. appetite regained during dinner time, n i ate quite a plenty.

Thursday: nothing much happened.

Friday: went back to doc for blood test. white blood cell count was damn low, standing at 0.7... the lowest i ever recorded. doc ordered one booster jab n start of a course of antibiotics. to go back the next day.

Today: Morning was burger king breakfast. chose a secluded corner to avoid pple. luckily we were still early so not much pple ard. not many pple at the clinic. was sitting at the blood testing chair waiting to wait blood, until... i was told... no blood test... straight away 2nd booster jab...

right now, all i can do is wait for my white blood cell count to rise...

No comments: