Monday, August 08, 2005

Unfavourable PET scan...

Saturday: Urine and blood test did not show any alarming things. but since my condition did not improve, n i'm still having fever n aches, my doc referred me for a PET scan to c wht was wrong. went to get the referral letter from the clinic n went to Asia-Medic for briefing. there, i was given 4 pills of laxative n told wht to eat, wht not to n wht time to start fasting.

Sunday: out of the list of can-eat stuff, i told my mum i only wanted boiled potatoes. it felt like war time when u have nothin to eat except potatoes... i cant even drink milk or barley, only plain water, n lots of it. but i had not much appetite cos its kinda boring eating potatoes only. so i took half a potato, n took my panadol as usual n 2 pills of laxative. but it was only till 6+ i managed to shit. kinda gross cos it was so watery...
so for dinner, i took another half a potato n took the remainin 2 pills n my panadol as usual... effect was faster now, n i went to shit, but i could only feel water. as i had to fast from midnite till the scan finished ard 12+ in the afternoon, 12 hours without food sure feel a bit weak... so at 11, i started eating my potatoes again. this time round, i ate one whole potato, only to go n shit.
went to zzz ard 1 after taking my panadol. only to wake up at 4am to shit water again...

Today: woke up at 6+, close to 7, running a temperature again. the recep was telling me on saturday during the briefing that if i have a fever, i might not be able to do the scan. so in desperation, i took 2 panadols, put on an ice pack, covered myself with a blanket fully, n proceed to perspire. but by the time i managed to get myself perspiring, it was already abt 7.45. time was tite as i have to reach there by 9 thus, have to leave the house ard 8.45 latest. i sweated it out for another half an hour b4 gog to bathe, but my temp's still there. however, luckily when thy started to prepare me for the scan, my temp was down to norm...
there i was, lying in the room. my blood sugar level was taken. it felt like the time when we are tested for our blood group whn we made our ICs. then the doc came to inject a vaulve looking thing into my hand, it looks more complicated then those injected for drips. with the thing left in my hand, i was asked to swallow a pill with some barium liquid. the pill was supposed to make my muscles relax n the liquid was for the contrast in the intestines. just whn i was abt to fall asleep, they came in to inject the isotopes thru the vaulve looking thing. after injecting, i was radioactive n i fell asleep.
but not for long, i was woken up again to start the scan. the vaulve looking thing still intact! on the scanning machine bed, i was asked to lie with my arms up. cleverly, my hands were overlapped to avoid putting pressure on the vaulve looking thing. my arms were strapped to avoid any movement. while scanning, i fell asleep. it was only when thy wanted me to drop my arms, take away the pillow supporting my head n replace it with a blanket n strap my head to prevent it from moving, i woke up again. while scanning my head, i fell asleep again... when the whole thing was done, i woke up... tt was only when the vaulve looking thing was taken out from my hand.
next was some body fat scan thingy. damn freaking noisy... first it sounded like drums tapping, thn it sounded like drilling. thereafter, at last, i could go. instead of hanging ard town to wait for the results, i told my dad to drive home first...
i was rite in gog home first. 1pm was here, time for panadol. n of cos, since the panadol already wore off, the aches came back. heated packs to the rescue! then ard 2+, we made our way down to get the results. after collectin the results, we went to look for my doc.
apparently, there are "shadows" n hot spots on my ribs, spine, hips n liver. these dun look nor sound good. my doc immediately called my oncologist but he was outta town. so an appointment was made to c my oncologist on wed. so now its suspense till wed...

sigh sigh sigh...

No comments: