Friday, August 19, 2005

Start of 2 weeks rest...

The previous entry is an utter mess. y? cos of the wrong grammars n typos... well, tt's would actually tell wht kinda situation i was in... the seh, blur, groggy, drowsy one... anyway tt was after my 1st chemo.

Now, let me explain wht's gog to happen during my chemo... last wed was a 1st half dose, followed by the day b4 on wed which is one week later, the 2nd half dose. this makes up one cycle. after each cycle, i'm rested for 2 weeks and the whole thing continues. 2 wednesdays of chemo, followed by 2 weeks of rest, but returning for blood tests. total: 6-8 cycles, depending on my situation...

Every time after chemo, i'll b given 2 medication to take. Kytril, to be taken b4 breakfast n dinner on wednesdays till fridays. Stemetil, for anti-vomitting, to be taken b4 every single meal from thursday till mondays. Stemetil is the irritating one tt puts me to sleep which caused whtever happened during the last entry. i was supposed to take 2 Stemetils but now after complaining to my doc, my dosage is reduced to 1 instead. guess tt would explain why i'm "alive n kicking" now...

B4 each chemo, blood is taken for the blood count. this time round, my white n red blood count were slightly lower then wht thy favoured. thus, i was given 2 jabs n an additional iron drip... these additional stuff caused me another additional 45 mins of time there, with a needle inside me!!! yes, till now, so many injections n blood tests later, i'm still afraid of needles!!! Damn, so i told myself, must eat more n build up my body to avoid these additional stuff... these additional stuff aso cost money. no point in giving this kinda money where with proper diet, it can be solved.

During these 2 weeks of rest, i'll eat more, gain weight, gain RBC n WBC, gain whtever need to gain... Meanwhile, i hope lesser occurance of fevers n the tumors all go to die!!! tumors get smaller n smaller n my liver get better n better too! yay!

No comments: