Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Good news afterall...

Dr Wee Kim Wee passed away ystday morning. When he was sworn in as president of singapore in 1985, I was still a little gal. This great, friendly, loving, down-to-earth man "accompanied" my childhood years, all the way till 1995, when he retired.
I had only seen him on tv, in papers, magazines, but had never had the chance to see him in person. He had always given me a fatherly figure feeling, and i've never not seen him with a smile. That kinda respect that people have of him, i think not many will be able to gain that much... I'll be going down with Dear to pay respects to him later, which is actually the least I can do...

The nurse from the oncology centre called. I was supposed to have my mask done this friday afternoon, but she called to get me to do it tmr morning instead. Its good news afterall, another day's wait is another's days worry and danger. Although my bone scan, blood test, chest x-ray, abdomen ultrasound is clear and no signs of cancer spread, no one will know what will happen within this "waiting" period. The sooner I start my radiotherapy, the better...

My room is soooooooooooo clean now. Went to ikea ystday to order a sofa bed too. cos my mum thinks its not too good for me to continue sleeping on my tatami on the floor...

better start preparing to go out now...

No comments: