Saturday, April 30, 2005

Scans, tests, injections...

Feel like a testing rat at times... doesn't help that i'm sacred of injections too... after my CT scans and biopsy, i went for blood test ystday... For the first time in my life, i had blood drawn outta me...

if that wasn't enough, Went for more scans today... First, had to go for an injection to make me radioactive for the bone scan. Apparently, they injected soemthing called isotopes in me. These particles will stick to the bones so i can be bone scanned... However, that sticking thing would take 2 hours to function, so meanwhile, i went for my chest x-ray and ultrasound first...

chest x-ray was fast, done in less then 5 mins... but the ultrasound was kinda long wait. had to wait for the ultrasound to start, which was almost half an hour... then the whole untrasound was kinda tideous i think... 1stly, the lubricant was sticky and yucky... then the scanner was damn hardy. When the radiographer scanned me, she had to press hard on my abdomen. for that moment, i tot i was gonna get bruises all over my abdomen! then she had to scan something slightly below my ribs (which i dunno what organ cos i gave my bio teacher back whtever i had learnt) which was damn fucking hurting! if i had brittle bones, crack already!!! then nevermind, she hitted the "funny" spot. the spot that it would tickes like hell... had to hold my breath n bear with that while she freezed the frame to save. tt was argh!!!

after all the shitty pain. went for breakfast. had fasted all the way from 12 midnite for the stupid painful ultrasound... when i finally started to eat, it was 10.45 already!pratically, for nearly half a day, i had eaten NOTHING! not even water... sob sob... just when i wanted to start on my breakfast, the gastric feeling kicked in... that kinda too-hungry, trying-to-take-the-1st-bite, saliva-swelling-in-d-mouth, stomach-churning feeling... altough i was damn hungry, had no choice but to slllloooooooowwwwwwwllllllyyyyy much n swollow my food...

after the not-so-painful breakfast, i went back for the bone scan. According to dear, he was damn pissed at the radiographers there... i had actually been scanned twice cos they did not know how to save the image the first time...

then went back to office to pack up my stuff. For the one n half years i've been working there, there wasn't much stuff i brought in... In the end, i came out with my full adidas bag (the one which i usually use for training), 1 crown worldwide box (measuring L40; D35; H25, filled with foodstuff), 1 bag of stationary, freebies and wu-ah-bos, and my cushion which could not be fitted or packed into anywhere...

busy day, rush here n there... at least i get things done... hehe...

No comments: