Friday, January 18, 2002

Black Hawk Down

Another entry at a weird time of the day. If anyone noticed, my entries are often written in the weee hours in the morning or at night, tt explains y I say it's weird.

Caught Black Hawk Down ystday. Yes... A new movie by Joshua Daniel Hartnett. Hehe... A movie depicting the actual happenings in Mogadishu, Somalia where 18 American soldiers were killed. Great movie. Hmm, y do I say tt... How many movies u watched, how many scripts/ screenplays r written bearing in mind perspectives from the different characters?

Tis film did tt, covered the soliders pov, as well as the Somali militia. I still cant find the script or the screenplay for the movie yet, but some lines spoken by a Somali went something like "tis is our war, a civil war, other pple shld not intervene". Power... The only word I can use to describe those lines. I can't describe y I feel like tt, but whn I heard those lines, I was speechless. Films I've watched, the dialouge has nvr struck me like tt before. It's jus so... er... cant describe... Give up...

I thk the credit goes to the author of the bk, Mark Bowden. He interviewed the American soldiers who fought on tis mission. He aso paid a visit to Mogadishu, to tok to the Somalis thr who fought and tried to understand their pov. I've read 2 interviews which Mark Bowden gave n I'm gog to start reading the book, Black Hawk Down. Its avaliable online at inquirer.philly.com/packages/somalia/, mayb u pple might wana take a look... Heard tt the film's as close as it gets to the bk... US interventions in Somalia led me thking of Vietnam war whr the US army played a part too. Time to search n bkmark pages before starting to read the book...

Off I go...

No comments: