Friday, January 18, 2008

What's With Those Facebook Apps?!

For the past few months, after registering for a Facebook account, I did not bother doing anything on it except accepting requests from friends to be added. To me, it was just another social networking webby that is slightly more customizable given that fact that you can add all kinds of irritating applications; irritating because I had apps requests that kept accumulating till there were about 200.

Then itchy-hand me had a few minutes to spare and thus decided, at long last, to customise my profile by add 1 photo. Along with adding that 1 photo, I was thinking, ok then, let's clear away those apps request. Clearing away took half a day... Yes, half a day. Instead of just clicking away on "ignore", I itchy-brain and wanted to know more about those apps. So, I ended up accepting some, ignoring some, looking at more apps to play with.

When I showed Dear my pink rabbit for the app "Pets", his reaction was, "how come you level up so fast?!" Well, it was only about 2 days old but was at level 12 already. So, I think you all can imagine what I was doing to that app upon adding. And I was telling myself, when I woke up, to start writing notes for the upcoming exam!

And from then on, almost everyday, I've been logging into Facebook to further customise my profile, adding friends, feeding and petting my (fluff)friends, etc... Facebook apps are evil!!! (yep, the blame game) I'm attempting to psycho myself that now...

3 comments:

Agnes said...

I using facebook also but now tired of playing on it coz too many app to add and ignore. So sometimes i log in and ignore all the request..hehe..

Anonymous said...

i know the feeling. its fine at first but when i get alerts everyday to add senseless applications, thats when it gets annoying.

Jas aka paced said...

Agnes: haha... Sometimes, if I find the app not interesting, I also ignore...

Chelsea: agreed! hehe...